Browser, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
We all use browsers on our computer, and it helps us to get connected with the world. Every browser has some unique features that help me and you to get smooth with our online work. One of the most important features for the modern browser is its option to remember your details and help you when you are filling any online form. This called Autofill, and it helps users to remember their Email, Address, ZIP Code, State, Phone number, Credit card details and a lot more.
This is like a helping hand which saves your time by filling form automatically for you. But this helping hand also comes with some risk. The risks of leaking your sensible information with others. To explain it let take and example: imagine you are having all the details saved on your personal computer, and someone else now got access to your PC. Now he/she can check all your information quickly and can harm you. It is a good idea to delete or disable Autofill option on your browser if you are too practical about your personal information.
In today’s age, Chrome and Mozilla are the browsers with most of the users. I’m sure you too have either, or both of them installed on your computer. So, today here at The Techy Jeremy I will show you how you can delete and disable Autofill feature on both Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser.
First, we will see how to do with Google Chrome then we will come to the Mozilla Firefox.
How to Disable and Delete Autofill in Google Chrome Browser
- First of all, open Google Crome and click on the main menu (that three horizontal lines at the top right side of the browser) and the click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on the “Show Advance Setting.” Now scroll down and again until you find and option called “Passwords and Forms.”
- Now uncheck the Enable Autofill option under the Passwords and Forms heading. This will disable the Autofill option in your Google Chrome browser.
- If you want to delete the autofill data, then click on “Manage Autofilling Settings.”
- Here you can see all the data saved in your Autofill setting. If you want to remove then click on the small “X” button beside every data and all your data will be deleted.
How to Disable Autofill in Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla is the second most used browser after Google Chrome. Mozilla doesn’t support the option to delete Autofill, but it has the option to disable it. I will show you how you can do that.
- Open Mozilla Fir5efox on your computer and navigate to Main Menu by clicking on the three horizontal line at the top right corner.
- Now click on “Options” then “Privacy”.
- Here under the History heading you can see a drop down menu. Select “Use Custom Setting for History” from the drop-down menu.
- A new menu will appear. Here uncheck the option which says “Remember search and form history”.
- You are now disabled autofill in your Mozilla Firefox browser.
I hope this helped you. You can show your love by sharing this article and commenting here.